Subject: Re: Looking for A/D & digital I/O interface for NetBSD system
To: Ken Hornstein <>
From: Michael <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 16:46:36

> >Digital I/O on the NET4801 was added recently:
> >
> >Adding I2C to this should be nearly trivial.
> I know what I2C is, and as I understand it, being a I2C master is
> relatively easy.

Yes, and kernel support is there so all you need to provide is
a handful functions to read/write the IO pins.

> Are there I2C A/D converters?  If they're in chip form, that's okay.

Plenty. The voltage/temperature monitoring chip on your mainboard
probably is one ;) But I guess what you're looking for is something like
or this:

These don't have digital outputs but you can always use the Soekris I/O
pins or more I2C stuff.

have fun