Subject: Wrong bootblocks when updating NetBSD
To: None <>
From: Peter Bex <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 22:22:23

Hey list,

I just updated my 2.0 system with FFSv2 bootblocks to -current using a
prepared iso from  I chose the 'upgrade an existing
NetBSD installation' option from sysinst, and everything went smoothly,
except it installed the wrong bootblocks.

Sysinst picked the FFSv1 bootblocks, causing it not to find /boot on my
FFSv2 disk.  After manually running the installboot program on the ffsv2
bootblocks, everything worked again.

Perhaps I should've said 'leave bootblocks unchanged', but I can imagine
this can easily be fixed.

So, perhaps this can be fixed in the next version?

(please CC me, I'm not a subscriber of current-users)

							-- Donald Knuth

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)