Subject: Re: Looking for A/D & digital I/O interface for NetBSD system
To: None <>
From: Phil Nelson <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 10:37:58

(I forgot to cc current-users.)

On Monday 07 November 2005 10:08 am, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive box/card/USB dongle/serial
> port thing that has a few digital output lines and at least one A/D
> converter.

Hi, has a $250 card called the PCI-DAS08 that
is an 8-Channel Analog Input Board with 7 Digital I/O Bits (4 bits out, 3
in) and Three 16-bit Counters.

Some of the specs:
   8 Single ended analog inputs=20
   12-bit A/D resolution=20
   =B1 5 Volt input range=20
   40 kHz sample rate=20
   Three 16-bit counters=20
   7-bits digital I/O (4 out, 3 in)=20
   Connector compatible with CIO-DAS08=20

And I do have a basic NetBSD driver for which I can provide you source code.

I don't know if this is what you need, but I thought I'd let you know about

Phil Nelson                       NetBSD:
e-mail:           Coda:

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)