Subject: Re: nVidia nForce3 chipset support in current
To: Roberto Pereyra <pereyra.roberto@gmail.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 13:37:35
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 09:28:49AM -0300, Roberto Pereyra wrote:
> I just read that NetBSD 2.1 have nVidia nForce3 network adapter
> chipset support.
> I have this chipset onboard in my server.
> I running current but I don't see a way to enable this support.

There is a module "out there" that is a port of a FreeBSD driver
module.  It uses binaries from nvidia's site and I don't think it
will make it into our main tree in that state.

That said, I've fooled around with it some on the nForce4 on amd64
and found that it works as long as you're not trying to netboot
from the same interface.  I'm not sure what's up with that, but
it's probably worth a look.

There's also a GPL "forcedeth" driver in Linux for the same chipsets
that doesn't require binaries from nVIDIA.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/