Subject: Re: msdosfs directory bug -- any helpers out there?
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2005 13:57:15
	Thank you David for the suggestion.  You were right, a hex dump of the
filesystem revealed the problem.  I've submitted a patch in kern/32003
which fixes the problem.  The problem is that the msdosfs code does not
insure that the bytes in the directory entry which are used for pointing at
high cluster numbers on FAT32 filesystems are not zeroed out on non-FAT32
filesystems.
	Any chance someone could commit this patch to the various branches,
or, failing that, argue why it should not be committed?
-thanks
-Brian