Subject: Re: msdosfs directory bug -- any helpers out there?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/2005 11:18:15
--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 07:21:31PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hello.   I'm running NetBSD-2.0/I386 on a machine, and using the msdos
> filesystem on a CF card which I use in a portable MP3 player.  I have tra=
ced
> a directory coruption problem down to NetBSD, but I could use a little
> advice on how to further isolate the problem and fix the bug.

It's been a while since I've done this, but one thing to do is get a tool=
=20
like Norton Disk Doctor (do they still make it??) and put it in a "Very=20
Verbose" mode and have it fix the CF.

I doubt the NetBSD tools will find an issue as I think we're happy with=20
what we're finding. :-|

Take care,

Bill

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu