Subject: NetBSD 3.0_BETA, performance, and kern/30008
To: None <>
From: Brian de Alwis <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/2005 13:56:50
The fix for kern/30008 has solved my last oustanding problem with
upgrading to NetBSD 3.0_BETA.  Prior to this fix, I couldn't run
the Sun Java VMs using the HotSpot JIT.

Interactive UI performance, as measured with running Eclipse/GTK,
has improved immensely with NetBSD 3.0_BETA as compared to NetBSD
2.0 and 2.1_RC5.  Even popping up a context menu would take about
a second or more under 2.x, which was excruciating.

Many thanks to those involved!

  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC |
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli