Subject: Re: courier-imap build failure
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/2005 13:48:24
[Cross-posted to current-users. Please CC me 'cause I'm not on the list.]

Chuck Silvers wrote:
> looks like libstdc++ is missing a shared library dependency.
> the attached patch should fix it.  (apply the patch and
> rebuild src/gnu/lib/libstdc++-v3.)

Hmmm. If I just cd to that directory in a read-only source tree, and
type $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-i386, then it fails thus:

#    create  libstdc++-v3/cxa_demangle.c
rm -f cxa_demangle.c
ln -s /usr/src/gnu/dist/gcc/libiberty/cp-demangle.c cxa_demangle.c
ln: cxa_demangle.c: Read-only file system

Do you think this works on a read-only tree only through build.sh, or it
works with "make" once the full system has been built through build.sh,
or is this totally broken on a read-only source tree?

thx
mortee