Subject: panic: ffs_truncate
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2005 08:54:23
I'm still seeing panics.  This is with an Oct 21 MP/i386 kernel.
Typed in by hand, "reboot 0x104" did not dump.

    kernel: trap page page fault, code=0
    stopped in pid 290.1 process (ntpd) at ...
    > bt

The above panic happened while playing audio, but ntpd took the hit.
The machine seems to be stable enough when compiling or running any
program other than an audio player.  I can compile up a fresh pksrc
for 24+ hours with no problem.  When playing audio it usually takes a
nose dive within an hour.  This is a problem that started happening in
the last 4 months.

    cmpci0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: C-Media Electronics CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device (rev. 0x10)
    cmpci0: interrupting at irq 10
    audio0 at cmpci0: full duplex, mmap, independent
    opl0 at cmpci0: model OPL3: LR swapped
    midi1 at opl0: CMPCI Yamaha OPL3
    mpu0 at cmpci0
    midi2 at mpu0: CMPCI MPU-401 MIDI UART

I have a jpeg of the screen in case it helps.  (Due to http/jpeg
permissions here, cutting and pasting the URL may be the only way to
see the picture.)

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht