Subject: Re: Sun Type6 USB keyboard & X
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/2005 20:45:48
On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 08:21:53PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net> writes:
>
> > I've recently switched to a type6 usb keyboard on my PC. Using wskbd @ ukbd
> > is working just fine for console and X, however I'm wondering.. where do I
> > need to dig around if I'd like to use the sun buttons (the L pad on the left,
> > and the volume controls/sleep button on the right)? I was looking at output
> > from xev, and nothing happens when those keys are punched. I would like to
> > bind them to perform useful functions (or at least keystrokes) but I don't
> > see how I could do that with xmodmap if xev isn't even picking up
> > keypress/release events.
> >
> > Any pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> Do you get any other uhid devices? (The whole probe output from the
> keyboard would be good to see) Sometimes keyboards with "extra"
> magic keys have them show up as non-keyboard HID input widgets.
>
>         - Nathan

This is all I get from dmesg:

uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: vendor 0x0430 product 0x0005, rev 1.10/2.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0
wskbd0 at ukbd0 mux 1
uhidev1 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev1: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse, rev 2.00/11.10, addr 3, iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons and Z dir.

Is there any more info I can get? (I don't see a USBVERBOSE option in a
quick grep of GENERIC...)

Thanks,
-Sean