Subject: Re: ath seems still buggy
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2005 19:10:35
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:27:01PM +0200, Vincent wrote:
> >Could it be connected with the calibrate operation? (Disclaimer: I don't
> >know a single thing about 802.11 protocol or the atheros chipset!)
>
> In fact, when I increase the variable in ath.c that controls calibration
> rate from 30 to 300, I get a much better behaviour, with much less
> drops. It may be a track interesting to follow?

Incidentally, me and some of my clients see a periodic "ath0: hardware
error, resetting" on a bunch of Soekris net4526s running in ad hoc mode.
Coincidentally (?), but the period is about 62 seconds, i.e., two
re-calibration intervals.

Sometimes we see a continuous stream of "ath0: hardware error" until
the watchdog timer expires.

Dave