Subject: Re: ath seems still buggy
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/2005 14:04:41
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:30:44PM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:09:35 -0400
> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:28:35AM +0000, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > > On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:29:35 -0400
> > > Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> wrote:
> > > :
> > > : In fact, I'm typing this through a Soekris with an Atheros
> > > wireless : module in hostap mode right now.
> > >
> > > I did not mean occasional usage on a laptop but in real life
> > > enviroment running as AP with clients connected to it.
> >
> > What part of "in hostap mode" did you miss?
>

> What part of "real life enviroment" did you miss?
> I am not talking of home-brewed small scale soekris boxes which are
> useless/too slow for any modern WLAN Access Point.
> An example of sysctl values letting boost up connection speed to
> 6Mbit/s on FreeBSD that I cannot setup on NetBSD:
> dev.ath.0.tpscale=1
> dev.ath.0.tpc=1
> dev.ath.0.diversity=0

NetBSD sysctl convention is different.  These parameters are under
hw.ath0.

I'm a little unclear about how tpscale & tpc work, btw.  I know that
tpscale scales power levels on all channels.  Experimenting the other
night, it seemed like greater tpscale yielded lower power.  I believe
tpc enables/disables per-packet transmit power control.  We don't have
the ifconfig-fu to control power.

I don't understand why you're turning off antenna diversity.  Do you
have just one antenna on your equipment?

Dave