Subject: Re: ath seems still buggy
To: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2005 16:40:43
Vincent <10.50@free.fr> writes:
> I noticed there was some changes in the ath code. But it has little to
> no effect on the periodic drops of the radio signal. This time,
> suddently, the input is garbaged; at least, the card say so:

I get all sorts of bad trouble with ath:

I get SSIDs with spaces truncated. I get drops in the driver. I get
failures to associate. If I try to change the power save state, I get
error messages when I try to use ifconfig to change the power save
settings of the device. Those are just bugs that I remember off the
top of my head -- I think there are others.

Six months ago none of this was a problem, but right now I'm unaware
of users of the ath device on NetBSD who are having a good time with
it. I'm very annoyed. Drivers should not get this much worse with
time. :(

Honestly I sometimes now think it was a major mistake for me to get a
laptop with a built in ath -- it is extremely unpleasant to work with
the driver in its current state.

Perry