Subject: Re: GPIO on the Soekris net4801
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2005 18:20:05
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I'm using a CF "drive".  And your kernel is failing for me... Mine is
> also new, and also running 1.28.

So I guess that's the only difference between our systems. I have a
'FUJITSU MHT2040AH' attached to the IDE header on the inside.

> I'm at a loss to explain this one.  For now, I think I'll give up on
> the light, and put the machine into service.

Maybe 'GSCGPIO_SIZE' is defined too large and it's stomping some I/O range
used by geodeide? I'll double-check the documentation and get back to you.

> Here's a PXE boot with your kernel.
[snip]

My dmesg is available here:
 	http://www.invisible.ca/~jmcneill/misc/dmesg.discovery