Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD-current kernels after 2005-10-04
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/12/2005 19:20:16
In article <>,
	Matthias Scheler <> writes:
> I've backed out both changes in my source tree (I don't have time for
> a more complete analysis at the moment) and the resulting kernel
> seems to work stable. It survived running "./ -j 2" and
> a build of "kdepim3" at the same time without crashing.

An update on this:
The machine works indeed very stable after I've removed both the pool
and sa context-switch changes:

 7:16PM  up  7:37, 2 users, load averages: 0.19, 0.18, 0.16

This with a kernel built from today's sources and this patch applied:

The patch completely backs out these these two commits ...

... and the "vmstat" change from this commit:

I'm not available for further test for the rest of the week unfortunately.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler