Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD-current kernels after 2005-10-04
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/12/2005 19:20:16
In article <20051012141327.GA13351@colwyn.zhadum.org.uk>,
	Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk> writes:
> I've backed out both changes in my source tree (I don't have time for
> a more complete analysis at the moment) and the resulting kernel
> seems to work stable. It survived running "./build.sh -j 2" and
> a build of "kdepim3" at the same time without crashing.

An update on this:
The machine works indeed very stable after I've removed both the pool
and sa context-switch changes:

tron@lyssa:~>uptime
 7:16PM  up  7:37, 2 users, load averages: 0.19, 0.18, 0.16

This with a kernel built from today's sources and this patch applied:

	http://scheler.de/~matthias/current-crash.patch.bz2

The patch completely backs out these these two commits ...

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2005/10/02/0011.html
	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2005/10/02/0012.html

... and the "vmstat" change from this commit:

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2005/10/02/0011.html

I'm not available for further test for the rest of the week unfortunately.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/