Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD-current kernels after 2005-10-04
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Daniel Carosone <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2005 22:09:34

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 10:02:14AM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> none of the kernels I built on my NetBSD-current machine after the 4th of
> October worked stable for me.

Hm. With others posting me-too's, I thought a counter-point would be
in order.

I've updated several machines since that date, mostly on the weekend;
a Xen dom0 and a couple of domU's, a new machine, and my laptop.  No
problems seen. They haven't been idle.. some pkgsrc rebuilds, some
reasonably heavy rsync and raidframe parity I/O in the dom0.  The new
box has been scrub-testing 2 new 300g disks, dd through random-key cgd,
for the last 48h or more in a loop. Dom0 and the laptop are now using
tmpfs since that update, too.

I'll give them some more work to do to try to provoke something.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)