Subject: Re: booting current question
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: thilo <jeremias@optushome.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/2005 19:16:39
Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 20:42:39 +1000, thilo wrote:
>

>>The os is booting & running properly when I use an NFS root (no disk
>>16mb ram  & 1 pcmcia-slot :-( ).
>>My question is where would I need to plug in the wireless (driver wi)
>>ssid & wep-key ?
>>I found nfs_boot_setaddress, but that would look to much like a hack
>>( and what if I have an ethernet card installed?)
>>Is there already somewhere a hook for interface configuration (via some
>>sort of bootparams or so?)
>>

>I don't think there are any such provisions in the kernel.

Would anyone see any advantages in having a callback of some sort there ?

>>Currently my port is based on hpcarm, but has ucb1200 & touch panel
>>driver and other bits added that I didn't see
>>anywhere.
>>If there is any interest to put those things into the current -cvs
>>tree, who would be the one to ask?
>>

>There's sys/arch/hpcmips/dev/ucb1200*   May be it should be made MI?

I had a look at that one, but (not that I know much about the mips
interface there, but it seems to me that the way
the SA11x0 MCP interface works is quite different from how the hpcmips
does things.
It might require some serious restructuring to separate the UCB
interface from the processor bus interface.
It did not ocur to me that it's simpler to use the hpcmips one at that time.

How much violation of the bsd-structure would it be to have two modules
doing the same ic ?

thilo