Subject: Re: swapctl: Function not implemented
To: Staffan Thomen <duck@multi.fi>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/2005 09:48:25
--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 08:43:49PM +0300, Staffan Thomen wrote:
> YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> >>I am thus wondering if someone could prod me in the direction to what is
> >>going on here.
> >

> > if your kernel config file doesn't include std.alpha,
> > add include "conf/std" as std.alpha does.
>=20
> A-ha! This explains it, thanks. Perhaps a hint in UPDATING might be in
> order? Why the include file that includes another file by the way?

I'm not sure what is going on with the alpha port, but I wanted to note=20
how I keep my configs up to data. All of my configs are based on GENERIC,=
=20
wiht mods. So I track changes to GENERIC and have patch apply them to my=20
configs.

After I made the first config, I copied GENERIC to GENERIC.configname. So
on the machine named CAMERON, I have GENERIC.cameron. Next, after a CVS=20
update, I run "diff -u GENERIC.cameron GENERIC > /tmp/diff". I edit=20
/tmp/diff and change the "GENERIC" at the top of the file to "CAMERON".=20
patch < /tmp/diff then applies all of the changes to my CAMERON config. I=
=20
then copy GENERIC to GENERIC.cameron, and resolve any merge conflicts. :-)

With this technique, I notice all of the changes in GENERIC and I can=20
decide if they apply to my kernel config.

On machines where I make multiple kernels (I have more than one active=20
config file in arch/<machine>/conf), I usually keep one GENERIC.confname=20
and just update (and merge) both files at once.

Take care,

Bill

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--