Subject: Re: ath driver and wep
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2005 19:03:49
Greg Troxel a écrit :

> I have no reason to believe my change will address the
> 'autodisconnection bug'; it simply writes wep keys when the card is
> powered up.

Yup. Note that what I wrote wasn't a judgment of any sort. I was just
merely stating facts — in a Vulcan's way! :)

> I find it unlikely that it would cause a crash, but of course until we
> find the bug one can never tell.  Can you explain how you are
> concluding that this change is to blame?

Well, of course I'd have to test this further. But since this behaviour
is new, and the only thing that has changed is the patch, it seems a
logical course. Here is what happened: the link has dropped down. I did
an "ifconfig ath0 down" then an "ifconfig ath0 up", that never
completed: the system crashed with the card half set-up.

I'll carry on some further tests tonight.

Vincent