Subject: Re: small config(1) change and additions
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2005 01:42:08
--n83H03bbH672hrlY

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 01:06:17AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> I've just committed a change to config(1) that might have side effects
> on your configuration files if you use tricks that were previously
> allowed by config(1) (whether you're aware of it).  Orphaned devices
> are now ignored (though config(1) still warns), which means the kernel
> will compile as if the device instance were never mentioned.  This
> might lead to surprises when booting the kernel, although previous
> behaviour of config(1) lead to obscure linking errors.  So watch for
> orphans.

I've just committed changes to keep track of negated devices.  That way
config(1) can detect real orphans from orphans produces by instance
negation.  config(1) doesn't print a warning anymore for the latter
(unless you do config -v; if people insist on having the warning, then
so be it, I have no opinion on that), and will _error out_ for the
former.

--=20

--n83H03bbH672hrlY

--n83H03bbH672hrlY--