Subject: mount_mfs dumps core
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2005 05:24:58
On a fresh install from -current as of yesterday I cannot mount my /tmp
partition.  It dumps core with a seg fault.  I rebuilt libc and
mount_mfs (newfs) with -g so that I could get more information from the
core file but I don't see anything useful.  Here is the output:

$ gdb /sbin/mount_mfs mount_mfs.core
GNU gdb 5.3nb1
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
details. This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...
Core was generated by `mount_mfs'.

warning: current_sos: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output
error

Reading symbols from /lib/libutil.so.7...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libutil.so.7
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.12...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.12
#0  0xbbbb6fd1 in memmove ()
    at /usr/NetBSD/cvs/src/lib/libc/arch/i386/string/memcpy.S:132
132             jmp     back_aligned
(gdb) bt
#0  0xbbbb6fd1 in memmove ()
    at /usr/NetBSD/cvs/src/lib/libc/arch/i386/string/memcpy.S:132
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Current language:  auto; currently asm
(gdb)

--