Subject: Problem cross-building userland
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2005 10:09:20
I get the following error, which has also been reproduced by Matthias
Scheler, when trying to crossbuild last night's CVS update of
NetBSD-current.  I think this represents breakage in the tree.  I'm
crossbuilding from a Solaris 10 machine.  I don't have a patch for it yet.

#      link  cap_mkdb/cap_mkdb
/opt/csw/gcc3/bin/gcc -O
-I/home/garrett/work/meteor/NetBSD-current/usr/src/tools/compat/obj
-I/home/garrett/work/meteor/NetBSD-current/usr/src/tools/compat/obj/include
-I/home/garrett/work/meteor/NetBSD-current/usr/src/tools/cap_mkdb/../compat
-DHAVE_NBTOOL_CONFIG_H=1  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64    -o cap_mkdb
cap_mkdb.lo getcap.lo
-L/home/garrett/work/meteor/NetBSD-current/usr/src/tools/compat/obj
-lnbcompat -lz
__hash_open
/home/garrett/work/meteor/NetBSD-current/usr/src/tools/compat/obj/libnbcompat.a(db.lo)

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cap_mkdb
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status