Subject: Re: altq api for ipf and pf
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Onno Ebbinge <onno.ebbinge@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/2005 10:44:55
> Here is the status IMHO:
>  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2005/07/25/0004.html

The politics around this ALTQ / pf / ipfilter issue is keeping a lot
of clients, some
friends and me from either switching from FreeBSD or OpenBSD to NetBSD.
Sad but true.

I hope people will get over it and fix it, they are hurting NetBSD...
Or make a choice, communicate that choice clearly so people can either drop
or use NetBSD instead of the uncertainty around this subject. It's
better to make
a clear choice one way or the other than no choice at all...

> I think few people are using ALTQ, on any BSD, so it's all somewhat
> understandable.

ALTQ capabilities are getting more important, it is moving fast from
the "nice to
have list" to the "requirement" list.

Regards,
Onno