Subject: Atheros and bridge trouble.
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2005 10:25:40
Hi guys.

I have problems with atheros working in bridge.
I've set up two boards, each with one Atheros mini-PCI and tulip based nic (tlp driver).
The ath and tlp devices are members of bridge0.
Both atheros nics are in ad-hoc mode-mediaopt adhoc (the only way to make bridging between them to work).
I can connect tlp og one of the boards to my LAN and the other's to my laptop and I have a working wireless bridge.
The problem occurs when I am trying to receive many small packets like with cvsup.
Then the second unit on the bridge allways crashes (the one furthest away from the receiving box).
Simple test like this will immidately panic the atheros unit:
Client: ttcp -u -t -s 11.22.33.44
Server: ttcp -u -t -s

Cheers,
Marcin.