Subject: Re: Location of "named.conf" (was: CVS commit: src)
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/2005 16:54:56
--3M7QbeJEF900HlmX

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:05:41PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
  | In article <20050907102010.GH24294@dmath5.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at>,
  | 	Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> writes:
  | >> No, it will not because "etc" isn't touched by default.
  | > Just for the record: "postinstall fix" removes the file.
  |=20
  | Hmm ...
  |=20
  | > I'm not sure we want that...
  |=20
  | Probably not. But if we don't mark it as obsolete it won't be removed
  | in a build with "MKUPDATE" and we'll get build failures. Adding a
  | compatiblity symlink would fix that. But is that an good reason
  | to create one?

postinstall supports relocating files, where the old location
is marked as obsolete in the set list.  Infact, that's why postinstall
was invented (because sshd(8)'s config file moved directory & was renamed)

Please send me mail (or submit a PR) with the details of what's
changed and I'll look at adding a check/fix to postinstall.

--3M7QbeJEF900HlmX

--3M7QbeJEF900HlmX--