Subject: improperly :) threaded gnats mail, was: Re: the NetBSD GNATS setup (properly threaded bug emails)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: S.P.Zeidler <spz@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2005 15:36:49
charlie@rubberduck.com (Charlie Allom) writes:

>after watching the the setup of the gnats database for mutt, I see
>Christoph Berg has done a cool thing with GNATS that will add
>references for all emails with the same bug ID.

>This means that: No matter the subject, the threads remain for the
>required bug number.

I've picked up the suggestion; NetBSD gnats will use
pr-category-number@gnats.netbsd.org as Reference for mail it sends out.

Of course, this is not proper threading, as while it will make sure all
mail regarding a PR in a references-threading client would belong to the
same thread (provided the answers carry the Reference), it will not order
it appropriately with earlier mail in the discourse, nor handle discussion
branches correctly from gnats-side (since that would require fitting in
referenced mails' message IDs as references).

regards,
	spz
--
spz@serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)