Subject: Re: mysterious reboot
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Jaka Jejcic <jj@gnorw.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2005 13:58:30
On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 07:30:23AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Last night, probably during the daily job, my laptop appears to have
> rebooted.  There's no core dump and nothing in dmesg.  I'm running
> -current from about 4 or 5 days ago.  Has anyone seen anything like
> this?
>
> 		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

I happens to me every now and then on my ThinkPad T40. I'm beginning
to believe it has to do with overheating. When I run the machine at 600MHz
it never happens, but running it at 1.5GHz (maximum) it does. I never ran
any MS OS on it, so I can't speculate on the quality of power managment, but
it is probably something in that direction...

-- jj