Subject: Re: 2.0.2 X server crashes with -current kernel
To: None <,>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2005 23:00:53
In article <>,
	"Mehul N. Sanghvi" <> writes:
>> /usr/xsrc is the X11 distribution.  /usr/src/x11 is the so-called
>> "reach-over" build framework.  You have to have both.

Correct. You need both to be able to use "./ -x".

> OK.  Thanks for the clarification.  This though, applies only to a
> -current kernel.  It does not apply to a "released" kernel, yes ?

I don't understand this question. What do X11 sources have to do
with NetBSD-current kernels?

Concerning release:
NetBSD 2.0 and above all use the X11 reachover build framework. So you'll
need "/usr/src/x11" and "/usr/xsrc" for any of those release to use
"./ -x".

You can however still build X11 with the "native build" by using
"make build" as "root" in "/usr/xsrc" which does not require
"/usr/src/x11". This method does however not support cross building.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler