Subject: Re: USB Scanner suggestions?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2005 21:54:38
In article <20050906144220.GA24294@dmath5.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at>,
	Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> writes:
> Any suggestions for a USB scanner for use with NetBSD?

I've got an Epson Perfection 1260 which works fine with NetBSD and SANE.
But I don't think that this modell is still sold.

The best reference is the web site of the SANE project:

	http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

Any USB scanner listed as working there should work under NetBSD.

I had however to add the USB device ids of my Perfection 1260 to the list
of devices accepted by uscanner(4) to make it work. But that was a trivial
change really.

Somebody claimed on this list month ago that you don't need the uscanner(4)
driver at all to use a USB scanner with NetBSD. Unfortunately he never
provided an example configuration.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/