Subject: Re: USB Scanner suggestions?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2005 10:18:58
Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Any suggestions for a USB scanner for use with NetBSD?

Here's the page to start with:

  http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html

when I recently had a similar question, I chose an Epson, because of the
large number of Epson devices that enjoy 'complete' support. Apparently
they change their protocols less constantly than other manufacturers, so
less work is needed to support new models.  Epson also has factory
direct refurbished sales for some models at good prices (check their
web site).  I bought a Perfection 2400, which is more than you were looking
for and is not as small as some, but I was very pleased with the way I
plugged it in and xsane immediately and completely supported its feature set.

-Chap