Subject: Re: 2.0.2 X server crashes with -current kernel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2005 08:06:03
In article <200509060355.DAA28741@sopwith.solgatos.com>,
	Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com> writes:
> Now with a -current kernel (GENERIC config file) it seg faults.
> (Various other command line args also seg fault.)
> Kernel config file contains
> 	options         COMPAT_20       # NetBSD 2.0,
> I haven't noticed any other 2.0.2 userland programs seg faulting.

You'll also need "options COMPAT_30".

> I have extracted the x11.tar.gz file and set export MKX11=yes,
> but get ERROR: X11SRCDIR.xc `/usr/xsrc/xfree/xc' does not exist.

You have to download the files from "tar_files/xsrc", too.
"x11.tar.gz" only contains the makefiles for (cross) building
the XFree86 sources.

> Of course trying to run make in the Xserver directory doesn't
> work either.

That wouldn't help you anyway. You would get the same X11 server unless
you build current from scratch first (to get the new includes,
libraries, etc.).

You should try downloading a complete snapshot from
"ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/" instead.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/