Subject: 2.0.2 X server crashes with -current kernel
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org,>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/2005 20:55:11
AMD64 system
ATI Rage XL video chip
-current kernel
2.0.2 userland

With the standard 2.0.2 kernel, "XFree86 -configure" ran and
generated an X11 config file.

Now with a -current kernel (GENERIC config file) it seg faults.
(Various other command line args also seg fault.)
Kernel config file contains
	options         COMPAT_20       # NetBSD 2.0,
I haven't noticed any other 2.0.2 userland programs seg faulting.

Thus far, attempts to build a -current XFree86 server have failed.
I have extracted the x11.tar.gz file and set export MKX11=yes,
but get ERROR: X11SRCDIR.xc `/usr/xsrc/xfree/xc' does not exist.
Of course trying to run make in the Xserver directory doesn't
work either.  Trying nbmake includes, obj, or dependall as suggested in
the "compiling only a part of src (e.g. bootfloppies :)" thread last
month didn't work either.