Subject: Re: Failed to build 3.99.8 (installation floppy is too big)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/04/2005 18:10:42
In article <email@example.com>
> In article <20050904043905.GA7815@arresum.veego.de>,
> Bernd Ernesti <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > This is the wrong way.
> > Now there is no way to boot an install image and use the st driver to restore
> > something from an backup.
> I agree. I've used this feature in the past. Please put st(4) back.
Maybe we could remove from INSTALL:
- file-system KERNFS (other ports use /sbin/dmesg in ramdisk)
- attimer* at isa? (used only for PC speaker?)
- pcppi* at isa? (beep and midi?)
- le* at pci? (superseded by pcn* at pci?)
- options DDB (though someone might require it..)