Subject: bugs in 3.0beta
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2005 23:38:38
My daughter just upgraded her laptop from 2.0.2 to 3.0beta.  She's
stumbled on two problems that were not in 2.0.2.  (Her machine is a
Thinkpad R50.)

First, the wm Ethernet interface doesn't negotiate 10baseT
automatically; she had to set the speed manually.

Second, after a suspend/resume, the sound volume was too low; she had
to put

	mixerctl -w outputs.master=255,255

into /etc/apm/resume.  The same had to be done in rc.local on 2.0;
what's new is the need to reset it after resuming.  My assumption is
that there's new power management code, and that the reset operation
resets that value; presumably, it should be queried at suspend time and
then restored at resume, by the driver.