Subject: Re: Failed to build 3.99.8 (installation floppy is too big)
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2005 22:02:03
    Date:        Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:09:50 +0100
    From:        segv <segv@netctl.net>

  | I think you'll find everyone else is using mk.conf.

You mean that the people who build NetBSD releases have a mk.conf that
they're using to build releases, with some content that they're not
telling anyone about?    Somehow, I doubt it.

  | Besides by default gcc
  | produces plain i386 code, if you have a Pentium 3 for example, the following
  | mk.conf will set gcc to produce much more efficient code:

Yes, I know I can do that.   I don't want to do that.   I want to produce
trhe exact same release tarballs that appear on ftp.netbsd.org (other than
the "who compiled it" strings that go in the kernels).

kre