Subject: Re: iPod Mini does not work with NetBSD
To: Nathan J. Williams <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/2005 17:46:22

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 08:12:07PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> writes:
> > I know it has been mentioned before, but iPod Mini still does not work
> > correctly with NetBSD (-current, in my case, on i386 with uhci at least=
> > In short, the scsibus is detected, but sd* is not attached.
> I mean to debug this one of these days (starting from Quentin's
> analysis), but I can unhappily report that a 20G iPod photo has the
> same problem.

It should be noted that the lengthly description I gave of what happens
with the device I have (which is not an iPod) is slightly different from
what happens in the iPod case, from what I could learn at the time when
someone sent me the full debug output.

I'd like to see a fix for my device though :)  FWIW, it was specifically
_given_ to me (by Marc Baudoin) so that NetBSD would eventually work
with it.

Quentin Garnier - -

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)