Subject: Re: nforce4, sata drives, and MPBIOS
To: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
From: Anders Lindgren <ali@df.lth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2005 22:21:49
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Dieter wrote:

> Thanks to replies from Allen, Chuck, and Trevor,
> I am now past the nforce4 + SATA roadblock.
>
> Suggestions were:
> 	MPACPI
> 	ACPI
> 	turning off SATA-II in the BIOS
>
> While hunting for a way to turn off SATA-II, (and not finding
> one) I found "APIC Mode", and turning APIC off fixed it.

Could you please clarify the relevant kernel and BIOS options (and which
is which please :) ) that fixed it? I had the exact same problem with the
3.0_BETA INSTALL kernel on an MSI K8N Platinum (nforce4 ultra) a few weeks
ago, but no-one replied when I mailed port-amd64... I tried to roll my own
ACPI kernel by turning off everyhing MPBIOS and turning on everything
MPACPI, but it made no difference.

Best regards,
ali:)