Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Re:_lib/30923?=
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.info>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/2005 20:39:04

Exactly.
While 3Beta and current are using pam, the old 2-stable tree (without pam)
has also the same vulnerability, by printing "root login is not allowed on
this terminal.", which is in my opinion more worse, because it is more
precise. Rui wants to keep that message in 2.1, whereas I think it is a
security issue, which it really is, because the message appears on the
remote end, and should not be kept.
I haven't seen something similar on any other OS, even if it is POSIX
conform, what I doubt.

Z.