Subject: Re: Keyboard Problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/2005 17:26:22
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:25:42 -0500
Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com> wrote:

> As for getting home/end to work: the correct $TERM for wscons
> terminals appears to be wsvt25m, not "vt100" (which is in
> wscons.conf), nor "vt220" (which is listed in /etc/ttys and is what
> $TERM gets set to by default)
Can't comment on this, as my NetBSD machines are used via serial console
or they run X all the time. In addition I got used to CTRL-A / CTRL-E
etc. for Home, End, etc. a long time ago...

> I'm guessing the default value should be
> changed, but perhaps	there's a reason that it's set to vt220?
Changeing the default console $TERM to "wsvt25m" is a bad idea. Most
likely no other Unix will know about that $TERM type. So when you ssh to
an other machine from a NetBSD console even less will work. (IIRC This
is a common problem on Linux, as it likes to use $TERM type "linux" on
its console...)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen