Subject: Re: Keyboard Problems
To: Karol Krizka <>
From: matthew sporleder <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/25/2005 15:06:05
NetBSD is also oriented to newer machines, where it runs faster than
"modern" bloated operating systems created to help sell faster

Check your dmesg to see what type of keyboard, etc is getting loaded
(dmesg|grep -i key), and also make sure you're using a sane $TERM.  In
the meantime, try using the normal vi keys (hjkl to move, x to delete,
etc) to avoid problems with special keys.

Now that I test it, all of my keys in that area produce ~ on the
command line as well, but in a program that does read them (vim), they
work just fine.