Subject: Re: flist out of date
To: Luke Mewburn <>
From: Daniel Carosone <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/25/2005 13:49:35

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 12:33:55PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> I've committed a change to src/Makefile (revision 1.240) which
> should fix this problem; now "make release" purges obsolete files
> as per "make distribution".

Hm. I sometimes see problems like this too, and I normally use
" -u ... distribution" rather than "release" (since I don't
need sets/tarballs and kernels for my purposes).

It's possible this occurs on those occasions where someone removes a
file from the flists, rather than marking them obsolete, though.  I
know that's been the case on some occasions when I've had the chance
to check and fix it, other times I've just blown away DESTDIR and let
it be reinstalled.

Hm. I wonder if there's an easy way to use cvs history to
automatically find removed entries that should have been obsoleted

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)