Subject: Re: Problems with ath(4)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/2005 16:25:21
Perry E. Metzger a écrit :

> I find the sequence
>
> ifconfig ath0 mode auto
> ifconfig ath0 mode 11b
>
> and similar things will also make it work fine.

I'll try that to see if it is effective in my case.

> Ed Gould does not seem to be using WEP and he is also seeing the
> problem, so I suspect it is not WEP.

Okay, granted. I'll try to disable WEP and test again. If I am not
mistaken, WEP magic is performed within hardware, that's not something
written in the drivers. Is that correct?

That lead me to the following question: how can one chose between 64 and
128 bit modes? Just by extending the key given in nwkey?

> Yes. There was a new HAL imported recently. I think that we're all
> seeing the resulting problems.

It would be worth seeing if a newest one is out or if reverting to a
previous one solves that mess…

Vincent