Subject: Re: Problems with ath(4)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Ed Gould <ed@left.wing.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2005 16:21:50
Steve Bellovin wrote:
> In message <87acj97kb8.fsf@snark.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writ=
es:

>>Vincent <10.50@free.fr> writes:
>>> Perry E. Metzger a =E9crit :

station

 =

> or off.  I've posted about this a few times, in fact.  The problem is =

> related to carrier dropping -- at least, I see the carrier drops since =

> I run ifwatchd.

Under a recent -current (3.99.7, built 3 August from then-latest =

sources) I started seeing failures where ath0 would disconnect when =

idle for a long time (e.g., over night).  Only a reboot would recover =

it.  When I removed the card and reinserted it, I got a message about =

not being able to allocate descriptors (or some such - it was a week or =

so ago that I saw this message, and I'm not sitting at that machine to =

reproduce the failure just now).  (I haven't built anything more =

recent, since I don't have the time just now to deal with the 64-bit =

link change.)

I have also seen, but less often, a failure where wi0 (I use that when =

ath0 has failed) disconnects, but re-running dhclient recovers it.

	--Ed