Subject: Re: Problems with ath(4)
To: Perry E. Metzger <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/2005 18:20:10
In message <>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes=
>Vincent <> writes:
>> Perry E. Metzger a =E9crit :
>>  > I've found that under -current, continuously pinging the base stati=
>>  > stops the disconnections. That doesn't explain what the problem is,=

>>  > though.
>> True. The disconnections happen after a while when the link is
>> idle. Never while I 'cvs update', though ;)
>They only happen to you on WEP links you say? Any other info you have
>on the nature of the problem?

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I've had problems with my =

default route -- on ath0 and wi0, and going back a couple of years -- =

going away for no apparent reason.  It doesn't matter whether WEP is on =

or off.  I've posted about this a few times, in fact.  The problem is =

related to carrier dropping -- at least, I see the carrier drops since =

I run ifwatchd.

		--Steven M. Bellovin,