Subject: Re: DHCP update to 3.0.3
To: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2005 19:35:54
lists@yazzy.org said:
> We're not going to implement dhcp from OpenBSD like FreeBSD did ?

This seems to be a fork of the client -- correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, I know that the ISC client has some shortcomings, the most
serious one probably that there cannot be multiple instances, thus
no easy hotplug support.
I'm personally more interested in the server. Honestly, the client is
good enough for me, so I won't invest time in this.
It isn't hard to change the reachover build for the client to build
from other sources. So if someone is serious about maintaining this,
there are no technical obstacles.
(Watching recent activity in the OpenBSD tree, the code doesn't
seem that mature yet anyway.)

best regards
Matthias