Subject: [heads up] tape statistics now available
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/2005 22:39:26
Folks,

I have just committed a bunch of changes that allow people to monitor
the read/write performance of the st* devices (tape drives).  We were
sadly deficient in this area before but now iostat, vmstat and systat
will all report statistics for any tape drives attached to the
system.

I am assuming that ATAPI tape drives will be covered by this change
(if anyone uses such devices these days) judging by the st.c code.  I
have tested these changes with a scsi tape drive and that appeared to
work fine.  For people with wt(4) drives I _think_ you are SOL
(really, does anyone use these?) unless you volunteer to be a remote
kernel guinea pig so I can test the modifications.

--
Brett Lymn