Subject: Re: Different PS/2 mouse behaviour?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2005 13:18:19
In article <200508032155.j73Lt024026309@guild.plethora.net>,
	seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>>[*] NetBSD resets the PS/2 mouse post on the first click more movement after
>>    I switch back to the port with the P2/S connected NetBSD machine. If I
>>    try to use the mouse during the reset I get random mouse events.
> This is related to a flaw in the behavior of some switches which causes them
> to change protocols on the fly, switching from the 3-button PS/2 protocol to
> one of the scroll-wheel protocols, or back.

That is very likely. If I boot the host connected via PS/2 with the KVM
switched to another port the mouse wheel doesn't work at all. I've got
to switch to another port and back and trigger the usual reset. At that
point of time NetBSD will recognize a protocol change and the mouse wheel
starts working.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/