Subject: Using Mediabay mounted CD/DVD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Ola Eriksson <ola@mreriksson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2005 12:18:28
Hello people,

I am trying to get the mediabay mounted DVD player in my Dell D810
laptop to work under NetBSD and I am having some problems with this. If
i boot the laptop without the DVD mounted, the laptop will (for obvious
reasons) not detect anything on the secondary IDE channel, and I have
not found a way to get it to do so if I insert the DVD later on. And
when booting with it attached, I get the error-messages seen at the
bottom of this e-mail.

I am sure that I have seen some page with information and patches
related to this problem before (not a Dell laptop though, but still same
problem) but I can't seem to be able to find it again :(

I am using a 3.99.3 kernel with some minor modifications to get the
piixide driver to detect my controller.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ola Eriksson   -   http://www.mrEriksson.net

piixide0:1:0: lost interrupt
        type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <_NEC DVD+/-RW ND-6500A, , 202C> cdrom removable
piixide0:1:0: lost interrupt
        type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
piixide0:1:0: lost interrupt
        type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
cd0: 32-bit data port
piixide0:1:0: lost interrupt
        type: ata tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4piixide0:1:0: lost interrupt
        type: ata tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0
, DMA mode 2piixide0:1:0: lost interrupt
        type: ata tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0
, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)
cd0(piixide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33) (using DMA)