Subject: Re: Two problems after updateing from 3.0_BETA to current
To: None <>
From: haad <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2005 11:14:33

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <>, haad writes:
>>I can help you with your second question in -current  acpi is enabled
>>by default
>>if you want to use lid switch on your notebook you should start powerd
>>daemon and configure it or recompile kernel without acpi and with apm
>>enabled .
> Do suspend and batter power monitoring now work with ACPI?
> 		--Steven M. Bellovin,
Powerd manual page

powerd acts upon power management events posted by the kernel's power
management facility.  When events are posted, powerd translates the
event into a script name and a list of arguments.

 /etc/powerd/scripts/<power_type>, where <power_type> is defined by the
 power management mechanism supported by the system,e.g.,``apm''or

I thing yes but i have not time to test it :) .I have acpi enabled and
powerd started .
after lid switch powerd says  powerd[114]: no script for lid_switch
- --

You can view or download my public key at

Linux is for people who hate windows NetBSD is for people who love UNIX.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -