Subject: Different PS/2 mouse behaviour?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/2005 12:20:23
Hm, just out of curiousity, maybe I can stop hunting ghosts now:

Did -current recently change behaviour regarding PS/2 mice? I'm using
my NetBSD box through an (electronic) KVM switch. This used to work
just great, but it stopped working yesterday, after I updated my kernel[1].

Working as in: It used to be possible to switch between NetBSD running X and
Linux without problems. But if I switch from NetBSD to XP, the mouse is dead,
and the only way I can revive that is by rebooting XP. If I switch back to
NetBSD, the mouse once again stops working, until I restart X. It would
almost seem that they're on different protocols. I tried a different mouse
(A logitech one, instead of my normal MS Wheelmouse Optical), to no avail,
and it's not likely a problem with XP. A second XP machine has exactly the
same symptoms; switching between the two windows machines works like a
charm..

Martijn

[1] This should teach me not to make a backup of the old kernel. Grrrr.